Call for Nominations: EWS Executive Board
Nomination Form for the EWS Executive Board and Secretary Positions
Members of the Edith Wharton Society are invited to nominate candidates for an at-large membership on the Executive Board. Self-nominations are also permitted.
The following positions must be filled in 2007:
1. Two members of the Executive Board must be elected to replace members whose terms are expiring on January 1, 2008.
The terms for the new Executive Board members and the Secretary will be from January 1, 2008-January 1, 2010.
Deadline for nominations: August 15, 2007.
Duties of Board Members:
1. Board members customarily serve for two years and are expected to attend Board meetings and EWS business meetings at conferences (when possible).
2. Board members are expected to participate in e-mail discussions of Board business.
3. Board members are expected to referee articles for the Edith Wharton Review.
For more information on the duties of an Executive Board member or Secretary, see Sections VI and VII of the Constitution of the Edith Wharton Society.
Both nominator and proposed nominee must be members of the Edith Wharton Society. Please check this information before nominating someone, since nominations not meeting this requirement will not be placed on the ballot.
You will also need to provide the following information:
1. The person's name, address, e-mail address, and qualifications for serving.
2. Your name, address, and e-mail address (to confirm the nomination).
3. Assurance that the proposed nominee is willing to run and, if elected, to serve on the board.
If you would like to nominate someone, please provide the information below and send the nomination e-mail to Margaret Murray, firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.This nomination is for ___ Board Member __Secretary
2.If this is a nomination for EWS Secretary, has the person served previously on the EWS Board? ___Yes ____No
3.Name of proposed board member:
3a. Have you confirmed the prospective nominee's willingness to run for this office? ___Yes ___No
3b. Is this person a member of the Wharton Society? ___Yes ___No ___Don't know
3c. Are you a member of the Wharton Society? ___Yes ___No
4. Address (Postal and e-mail):
5. Qualifications for serving on the EWS Board or as EWS Secretary (include previous service, writings on Wharton, participation in scholarship or conferences related to Edith Wharton, etc.). These will be presented to the membership.
6. Your Name:
7. Your E-mail Address (required for confirming the nomination):
8. Other comments or information:
Labels: EWS Business